Everyone has had this dating dilemma one time or another…what should I wear as a first date outfit?
For ladies, you want to look somewhat sexy, but not too sexy where you send out the wrong message. And for men, it’s a different story, you want to look like you have some fashion sense, but you don’t want to look like you tried too hard.
Last night at the debut of Style Expert, Lloyd Boston’s new book “The Style Checklist”, I asked Lloyd his tips on first date outfits for both women and men. Listen up ladies & gentlemen, here’s what Lloyd had to say:
First Date Outfit Tips for Women:
- Wear a pair of sexy jeans with a nice top. Gentlemen like to see that a lady can pull on a pair of jeans and just go out. It will show him you’re not high maintenance.
- No matter if it’s summer or winter, you should show some skin, but it should only be your shoulders. A gentleman will always find your shoulders sexy.
- When it comes to cleavage, you should be tasteful and not show too much. Remember it’s the first date, so you don’t want to send the wrong message. The “girls” can be revealed later.
- Put a little shimmer on your shoulders so your skin reflects the light, but not too much where you look like you’re ready for the disco.
- Go light on the fragrance as women tend to get nervous and overdo it, which can be overpowering for the man.
First Date Outfit Tips for Men:
- Women always look at your shoes on a first date, so wear some stylish shoes and make sure they are nicely shined. Your shoes shouldn’t look beat up like you walked across town to pick her up for the date.
- Nails make sure they are clean and well groomed.
- When it comes to your pants, no pleats of any kind! Flat front pants are your best bet.
- A clean, crisp white shirt is always a winner.
With these first date outfit tips from Lloyd, you can’t go wrong on a first date. And now, you’re ready to make your first date impression a smashing success!
If you liked this article on what do men find attractive about women, then we also suggest you check out Single in Stilettos Video Series where real men & professional dating experts will give you dating advice what men really think and want from women!